Verizon Wireless gave us some tips to ace both a phone interview and a sit down interview!
Here are 10 of the best tips I found when reading through their presentation:
- Be on time
- Dress Appropriately
- Be confident, not arrogant
- Be ready to sell yourself
- Ask informed questions about the position offered or organization
- Avoid saying phrases such as “I can’t,” “I hated,” or “I Failed to”
- Be aware of gestures with the interviewer, eye contact, breathing, rate of speech, vocal, confidence, and posture
- Avoid giving yes or no answers
- When the interview is over, voice your gratitude, give a firm handshake, and depart respectfully
- Tell the truth!
Source: Verizon & The Career Development Office